In our monthly series "What's On Your Beauty Shelf?" members of our glo team offer exclusive looks inside our medicine cabinets and makeup bags to show our readers exactly what we use on our skin. With skin concerns ranging from dry to acne prone, we've tried it all and are sharing our beauty routines in hopes of helping you find your perfect routine. Here's a roundup of this year's “What’s On Your Beauty Shelf” posts:
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Monday, December 9, 2013
If bright, glowing skin is on your holiday wish list, now is the time to start working towards your goal. Kick start the process with a facial or peel at your favorite glo salon or spa (to find a service provider near you call 1-800-232-0398). We love the Platinum Experience Facial which smooths, softens and revitalizes your skin with plant stem cell technology. Featuring age-fighting and reparative Cyto-luxe products, this facial also includes the Flower Enzyme exfoliant, which is effective while being gentle enough for use on sensitive skin, and the moisturizing, aromatic Orange Tea Massage Cream that adds to your relaxation experience. This luxurious facial also makes a great gift!
After booking your treatment, it’s important to focus on at-home treatments that promote balance during the holiday season. When our diets and exercise routines are disrupted, it’s important to keep your skincare routine consistent. Here is a suggested daily routine to help you get glowing skin for the holidays!
1) Cleanse- Start your day with a mild exfoliant such as the Daily Polishing Cleanser. This cleanser will remove buildup but is gentle enough to use everyday.
3) Take Your Vitamins- Adding Vitamin C to your routine is an important step for brighter, vibrant skin! Follow with B5 Hydration for added benefits!
4) Moisturize (with an SPF)- Add Oil Free SPF 40 to your favorite moisturizer (both Conditioning Hydration Cream and Oil Free Moisturizer are top sellers!). This will protect your skin from winter’s stealthy UV rays!
1) Cleanse- We love using the luxurious Cyto-luxe Cleanser at night because, not only does it smell amazing, it’s moisturizing and removes makeup beautifully!
2) Serums- Depending on your current skin concerns, adding a serum 3-5 nights a week is extremely important. If you want to target fine lines and wrinkles the Cyto-luxe Serum will be your best friend. Looking to brighten your skin? Renew Serum and Brightening Serum are both great options. Read more about our Serums and their unique benefits here.
3) Moisturize- Night time is a great time to really amp up on moisture. Heavier creams like Vita E Essential Cream or Moisture Rich Cream work well at night because your bare skin will really be able to absorb their active ingredients.
4) Specialize- Now is the time to focus on specialized products to help fix specific problem areas. Our favorites include the Eye Restore which helps target puffy eyes and Lip Revival which adds moisture back to dry lips.
With the right products and a consistent routine, beautifully glowing skin is within reach for the holidays!
Friday, December 6, 2013
Cold winter weather is known to give cheeks a beautiful rosy glow (and make me crave tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches). Sadly, it can also cause dry, dull, flaky, and other very uncomfortable conditions for your skin. So what can you do to help? Try these Ami Approved tips!
1. Book an appointment with your local esthetician- Sometimes all your skin needs during these cold winter months is a little TLC from a skin care professional. Try an exfoliating and hydrating facial or a deeper chemical exfoliation treatment! Winter is the perfect time for chemical exfoliation treatments as we’re exposed to less sunshine during this time of year! Call gloProfessional at (800)232-0398 to find your closest service provider!
2. Bump up that moisturizer – Often during the colder months it is necessary to choose a moisturizer that is slightly more occlusive than what you would normally use. This will help to tackle that dry, dehydrated skin. Want something even more moisturizing? Try an oil like glotherapeutics Face Essence which is a rejuvenating, detoxifying and protective way to moisturize!
3. Up that water intake- Drinking water is essential for the overall health of one’s body and for great skin. Water is a great way to keep the skin plump and hydrated and it also helps flush toxins from the body.
4. Use that sunscreen-It’s a common myth that sunscreen should only be worn in the summer, but in actuality we can get sun damage all year round so protect your skin from sunburns, skin cancer, aging, UVA and UVB rays. I love the glotherapeutics SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer, which is a sunscreen, anti-ager and a moisturizer in one!
5. Richer lather- Your moisturizer isn’t the only thing you can bump up, try starting at the very beginning by using a richer cleanser! The new glo therapeutics Cyto-luxe Cleanser goes on like a rich luxurious cream and then emulsifies to remove makeup and superficial debris - deeeelightful!
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
We love seeing your gorgeous glo photos on Instagram! Below are some of our favorites from the month or October! Tag us in your photos using #glominerals #gloprofessional #glotherapeutics and follow us as well for behind the scenes look at glo- @gloProfessional.
Thank you, @a_skincarer, for this lovely shot of glominerals Eye Shadow in bamboo, twig, grey stone, harvest and orchid!
@getlazed took this great shot of our Eye Restore!
Add some color to your holiday with these stunning Eye Shadow Trios (from the left: fresh greens, palm, sweet 'n' spicy, wildbloom)
@LakotaRoom shared this festive photo. We think glo Gloss is a great gift idea!
Monday, December 2, 2013
The Metallic Smoky Eye Kit embodies so much of what we love about makeup! With its sleek black compact and four gorgeous shades, we get excited every time we get to use this standout kit! Ami and Janeena both use the kit regularly and love that it can create lovely day looks and smoldering evening looks.
Just because the kit is designed for smoky eyes doesn’t mean it can’t be used for daytime looks. Ami proves that point by creating this pretty look that is appropriate for daytime that focuses on the lighter shades in the kit. First, Ami started with Lid Primer then applied the lightest lid shade on her entire lid and up to her brow bone. Next, Ami blended the lightest brown or base shade all the way across her crease in a windshield wiper motion. To enhance the outer corner of the crease Ami used a small amount of the deepest liner color and created a small V in the outer corner of her eye then blended the color inward. She lined her eyes with the Precise Micro Eyeliner in black and smudged the light brown base color into the lashline. She finished the look with a couple coats of Water Resistant Mascara!
Janeena showcased the Metallic Smoky Eye Kit’s glamourous side by creating a classic smoky eye. She started with Lid Primer then applied the medium brown shade (the crease shade) into her crease as well as her upper and lower lash line. Then, she spritz her Eyeliner Brush with Moist Hydration Mist and applied the deepest liner shade on her upper and lower lash line and on top of the medium color to add depth. She topped the whole look off with a soft highlighting on her brow bone and on the inner corner of her eyes with the highlight color. This look is perfect for your upcoming holiday parties!
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Today marks the busiest travel day of the year. Whether you are hitting the open road or boarding a plane, it’s important to keep your health in mind while traveling. Here are some of our top travel tips that will help you get to your final destination with your health intact!
1) Hydrate- Keeping hydrated is probably the best piece of travel advice anyone could give you. And when we say hydrate we’re talking about water! Water will help keep inflation at bay and will help support your immune system. Drinking lots of caffeine can cause puffiness and disrupt your normal sleeping habits.
2) Sanitize- We’re not sure about you, but airport restrooms and gas station pit stops don’t scream cleanliness. Be sure to keep hand sanitizer with you while traveling to give yourself extra protection against germs.
3) Sleep Smart- When traveling through time zones it’s smart to adjust to sleeping in your current timezone ASAP. This means avoiding naps if at all possible and rising and setting with the sun. Setting up a regular sleep schedule will help your body adapt quickly which will give you the energy you need to have a great holiday!
For tips on which products to bring while traveling click here! We hope you have a safe and happy holiday with the ones you love!
Monday, November 25, 2013
Leave it to our talented National Makeup Artist, Janeena, to create the perfect, festive look for your Thanksgiving celebration. Janeena focused on keeping the look easy and natural but added a little pop of color with a berry lip! To get the look, Janeena started with Protective Liquid Foundation- Satin II and added a drop of Cyto-luxe Face Essence for a little extra moisture (which is much needed in the cool, dry Colorado climate). To create a natural smoky eye she used the Metallic Smoky Eye Kit, the Precise Micro Eyeliner in black and Water Resistant Mascara. Blush Duo in terra cotta served as the perfect natural blush and she finished the look with the ultra-moisturizing Sheer Lipstick in jamaica topped with a touch of Gloss in cherry blossom. The end result is a pretty berry lip that’s not too fussy… perfect for wherever your Thanksgiving holiday takes you.
Friday, November 22, 2013
Guest Post by gloProfessional’s National Educator, Ami Shvartzman.
I've spoken pretty openly about my addiction to glo lip products. They feel wonderful, smell fantastic, provide beautiful coverage and they’re easy to use. I often find that layering lip products (like a Lipstick and Gloss) is a great way to get beautiful looking lips! What if there were a way to make applying your favorite lip looks even more fun? Oh wait, there is!
The glo minerals Perfect Lip Duos are great dual purpose products! Each has a creamy lipstick on one end and a smooth, velvety gloss on the other! The 3 color palettes reflect some of my favorite lip trends as well- a deep berry red called Royal, a sweet, pretty Pink and sultry nude called Bare...get all of these Ami Approved Perfect Lip Duos for a beautiful lip with tons of dimension!