One of the things we love best at glo is being a part of beautiful skin transformations. This month, we are bringing you a series of posts (and before and after photos!) of our friend Shannon Toay. She's a teacher in her late 30s living in Denver, CO (where glo HQ is located). Shannon loves the outdoors and leads an active, generally healthy lifestyle but (like most of us) had some skin concerns including breakouts, congestion, enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, uneven tone and texture, dehydration and oiliness.
We set to work to overhaul Shannon's skin care routine and transform her skin. Thank you, Shannon for lending us your time and for sharing your wonderful glo story!
Here's a little more about Shannon's lifestyle and skin care regimen before we met her:
- Shannon wasn't vigilant about sun protection but knew her makeup had some SPF.
- Used drugstore brand cleansers and makeup.
- Only drank one glass of water a day - drank coffee and diet soda throughout the day.
- She's a healthy eater! Lots of fruits and vegetables.
- No previous peels - one past microdermabrasion.
Shannon's skin concerns were: breakouts, congestion, enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, uneven tone and texture, dehydration and oiliness. THE PLAN: Right away we swapped Shannon's drugstore brand skincare and makeup for a great lineup of glo therapeutics and glo minerals. The regiment below was designed to address Shannon's skin concerns and also to prepare her skin for a series of chemical exfoliation treatments.
glo Home Care Routine:
Coming next - Shannon's professional treatment plan and results!
- Purifying Gel Cleanser
- Purifying Tonic
- Pure Hydration
- Oil Free Moisturizer
- Eye Restore
- Oil Free SPF 40+
- Triple Action Serum* (p.m. application)
- Brightening Polish (twice a week)
- Bronze in sunkiss
- Moist Hydration Mist