“Nature gives you the face you have at 20. Life shapes the face you have at 30. But at 50, you get the face you deserve,”—Coco Chanel.
September is National Skincare Awareness Month and Healthy Aging Month, which means it’s time to revamp your skincare regimen. While there are general guidelines everyone should follow, an effective regimen must be customized to your skin’s particular needs in order to achieve maximum results. Naturally, a vital factor in determining those needs is age, so be sure to check-in during the month to find where you fit and learn how to create a regimen that's simple and easy to remember. In the meantime, check out these timeless tips!
- Wash your face twice a day using your hands to remove excess oils, and makeup residue. Wash clothes and sponges are often too abrasive and can cause irritation.
- Exfoliate as needed to remove dead skill cells which increases your skin’s radiance and decreases the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Follow up with a toner to purge pores, which makes them appear smaller.
- Apply a moisturizer with UV filters or a light oil-free sunscreen before heading outside
- Use specialty treatments like masks and serums to ensure refinement and the delivery of cell-enhancing ingredients.