- Wash your hands in warm—not hot—water to avoid stripping your skin of its natural oils. Oils act as a barrier to environmental stressors like low temps, low humidity, and strong, harsh winds so the more you have the better.
- Use a mild exfoliant as needed to remove dead skin and keep your hands from appearing ashen or flaky.
- Don't forget to apply moisturizers to areas where skin is thinner like cuticles and between your fingers as these spots are more likely to crack.
- Remove hangnails and skin tears with a sanitized nail clipper to avoid these painful splits from spreading
- Apply a heavier moisturizer that contains petrolatum (aka petroleum jelly) like glo therapeutics Barrier Balm at night or underneath gloves for an ultimate dose of moisture.