A luminous complexion is the ultimate spring and summer accessory because it radiates health, youth, and vitality—just ask Jennifer Lopez! So we know how frustrating it can be when the fresh face you had at breakfast looks like it's been sprinkled with bacon grease by lunch. And let's not forget the unpleasant slippery feeling (ick) that comes with it.
Whether you only get it during the warmer months or struggle with it all year, oily skin is a pest just as unpopular and ubiquitous as acne. It's caused by overactive sebaceous glands that secret a waxy substance called sebum which protects the skin. These glands lie just below the skin's surface and in clusters around the forehead, nose and chin. While you can't shut them off completely, you can tone them down enough to get your "glo" back—sans the shine!
1. Use a gentle cleanser that contains an acid like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, or beta-hydroxy acid.
2. Avoid aggravating your skin with harsh chemicals or vigorous scrubbing which could trigger more oil production
3. Apply an astringent to tighten your pores Invest in medicated pads to break down excess sebum, balance the skin, and prevent the growth of acne-causing bacteria
4. Work a clay mask into your skin care regimen. Clay absorbs oil, shrinks pores, and refine skin's texture
5. Don't skip out on moisture! All skin can benefit from an oil-free moisturizer.
6. Keep blotting papers nearby for a quick fix.
You can find everything you need at gloprofessional.com