Hi Kate! I am going to be spending quite a bit of my spare time this winter on the ski slopes. Do you have any makeup tips for a day on the mountain?
Kate: For those of you who I’ve met, you probably know that I am a Colorado native. What you may not know is that I am NOT a skier… or snowboarder. That’s right, I might be the worst Coloradan there is. Now what I do know is makeup, which means regardless of how much ‘gnar’ I shred (or don’t), I know how to put on any face for any occasion. Even if your idea of a day on the slopes means drinking hot chocolate by the fireplace in the lodge (that’s my idea of a winter sport!) here are some tips for sporting a pretty and protected face while hitting the slopes.
1. Think protection first and beauty second. I suggested starting with Water Resistant Facial SPF 45 from glo therapeutics.
2. Top your sunscreen with a thin layer of Pressed Base and a little Concealer Under Eye.
3. Keep your eyes on the light side. Nothing says winter to me more than a combo of Eye Shadow in diamond, lilac and mermaid (as a liner).
4. Dust Blush in sunset on your cheeks, bridge of your nose and tip of your chin.
5. Pop on a few good layers of the Protecting Lip Treatment SPF 15 in flirtini.
6. Don’t forget to have your Protecting Powder SPF 30 in translucent for continuous protection from those harsh rays reflecting off the snow.
**Also, don’t forget to dust your scalp with a little SPF, just in case you forget your hat or helmet!**
Essentially, focus on products that have SPF 15 and higher in them for as much protection you can get!
Here's what I plan to wear this winter!