Skin care in your twenties is all about prevention! Developing a good skin care routine as early as possible is a great way to set yourself up for a lifetime of beautiful skin. Keep it simple and inexpensive by following these steps. Trust me… your 50 year old self will thank you!
1. Keep it clean - Make sure to cleanse skin thoroughly and daily with a cleanser and tonic best suited for your skin type. Keeping skin clean prevents breakouts now and will help prevent large pores and scarring later on. For normal skin types I recommend our Purifying Gel Cleanser and Purifying Tonic.
2. Exfoliate- Exfoliating is the best way to prevent build up and get skin on a regular regenerative cycle early on. Using a physical exfoliant like glo therapeutics’ Refresh Facial Polish is a great everyday scrub for removing debris and superficial skin cells. Using a retinol serum or a hydroxy acid serum like Renew Serum is also very beneficial for cell turnover and acne.
3. Butt Out- Another biggie is to avoid smoking! Smoking is one of the leading causes of premature wrinkling (not to mention all of the other health concerns). Cigarettes emit free radicals and suck the moisture right out of your skin.
4. Just Eat It- Believe it or not eating healthy and exercising can have a big impact on your skin. Developing a healthy eating and workout regimen while still in your twenties is extremely beneficial.
5. Skin Care Means Sun Care- Even though the sun might feel wonderful it is a major threat to your appearance and your health! Protect yourself against those damaging UV rays and your skin will thank you later. Remember to begin protecting your neck and hands as well! Oil Free SPF 40+ has the perfect amount of sun protection without feeling greasy or heavy.
6. Hydrate and Treat Your Eye Area – The eyes are the windows to your soul so be sure to keep them from wrinkling prematurely. Use an eye cream and wear a pair of sunglasses while outside! Take the time to hydrate, soothe and protect eyes from free radicals with Eye Restore.
More skin care tips by age here:
Skin Care Tips for Your 30s
Skin Care Tips for Your 40s