Pressure, pain, suspense - When new a blemish is about to make its debut these are just some of unwelcome feelings we’ve all experienced. Unfortunately, these pesky pimples often come at inopportune times (like the day before your wedding) but with the right treatment you can breathe a sigh of relief. Follow these tips on what to do and what not to do when you feel a blemish start to develop.
1) DO SPOT TREAT with something that contains antibacterial and healing agents like glotherapeutics Clear Anti-Blemish Treatment.
2) DON’T PICK at the breakout. Picking can actually extend the life of the breakout sometimes by 2-3 days, cause hyperpigmentation or scarring and spread bacteria to neighboring follicles which may cause additional lesions!
3) DO CLEANSE to remove dirt, debris, excess oil and makeup from the skin especially at night.
4) DON’T USE SCRUBS (mechanical exfoliants) over inflamed breakouts. Too much stimulation can be irritating and cause additional damage to the already delicate injured skin around the breakout area.
5) DO COVER UP with a good-for-your-skin concealer like glominerals Camouflage Oil Free. Applying coverup can also help you avoid picking at the breakout!
6) DON’T USE COMEDOGENIC MAKEUP. Makeup may be the root cause of your breakout in the first place. Comedogenic makeup contains ingredients like talc that can cause irritation and contribute to the skin breaking out- always look for products labeled "non-comedogenic." All of glo minerals makeup is non-comedogenic!