Cold winter weather is known to give cheeks a beautiful rosy glow (and make me crave tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches). Sadly, it can also cause dry, dull, flaky, and other very uncomfortable conditions for your skin. So what can you do to help? Try these Ami Approved tips!
1. Book an appointment with your local esthetician- Sometimes all your skin needs during these cold winter months is a little TLC from a skin care professional. Try an exfoliating and hydrating facial or a deeper chemical exfoliation treatment! Winter is the perfect time for chemical exfoliation treatments as we’re exposed to less sunshine during this time of year! Call gloProfessional at (800)232-0398 to find your closest service provider!
2. Bump up that moisturizer – Often during the colder months it is necessary to choose a moisturizer that is slightly more occlusive than what you would normally use. This will help to tackle that dry, dehydrated skin. Want something even more moisturizing? Try an oil like glotherapeutics Face Essence which is a rejuvenating, detoxifying and protective way to moisturize!
3. Up that water intake- Drinking water is essential for the overall health of one’s body and for great skin. Water is a great way to keep the skin plump and hydrated and it also helps flush toxins from the body.
4. Use that sunscreen-It’s a common myth that sunscreen should only be worn in the summer, but in actuality we can get sun damage all year round so protect your skin from sunburns, skin cancer, aging, UVA and UVB rays. I love the glotherapeutics SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer, which is a sunscreen, anti-ager and a moisturizer in one!
5. Richer lather- Your moisturizer isn’t the only thing you can bump up, try starting at the very beginning by using a richer cleanser! The new glo therapeutics Cyto-luxe Cleanser goes on like a rich luxurious cream and then emulsifies to remove makeup and superficial debris - deeeelightful!