Wishing you and your loved ones a very safe and happy Thanksgiving!
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Today marks the busiest travel day of the year. Whether you are hitting the open road or boarding a plane, it’s important to keep your health in mind while traveling. Here are some of our top travel tips that will help you get to your final destination with your health intact!
1) Hydrate- Keeping hydrated is probably the best piece of travel advice anyone could give you. And when we say hydrate we’re talking about water! Water will help keep inflation at bay and will help support your immune system. Drinking lots of caffeine can cause puffiness and disrupt your normal sleeping habits.
2) Sanitize- We’re not sure about you, but airport restrooms and gas station pit stops don’t scream cleanliness. Be sure to keep hand sanitizer with you while traveling to give yourself extra protection against germs.
3) Sleep Smart- When traveling through time zones it’s smart to adjust to sleeping in your current timezone ASAP. This means avoiding naps if at all possible and rising and setting with the sun. Setting up a regular sleep schedule will help your body adapt quickly which will give you the energy you need to have a great holiday!
For tips on which products to bring while traveling click here! We hope you have a safe and happy holiday with the ones you love!
Monday, November 25, 2013
Leave it to our talented National Makeup Artist, Janeena, to create the perfect, festive look for your Thanksgiving celebration. Janeena focused on keeping the look easy and natural but added a little pop of color with a berry lip! To get the look, Janeena started with Protective Liquid Foundation- Satin II and added a drop of Cyto-luxe Face Essence for a little extra moisture (which is much needed in the cool, dry Colorado climate). To create a natural smoky eye she used the Metallic Smoky Eye Kit, the Precise Micro Eyeliner in black and Water Resistant Mascara. Blush Duo in terra cotta served as the perfect natural blush and she finished the look with the ultra-moisturizing Sheer Lipstick in jamaica topped with a touch of Gloss in cherry blossom. The end result is a pretty berry lip that’s not too fussy… perfect for wherever your Thanksgiving holiday takes you.
Friday, November 22, 2013
Skin Type: Dry and sensitive
Morning Skincare Routine:
As a mother of a toddler with an hour-long commute every morning, my AM skincare routine has to be quick! I start with the Hydrating Gel Cleanser and Conditioning Tonic to wake my skin up with a good splash of moisture. I follow that up with B5 Hydration and Vita E Essential Cream which gives my skin the added hydration I need. Lastly, I apply my Oil Free SPF 40+ and then begin my makeup routine.
Evening Skincare Routine:
My evening skincare routine also revolves around moisturizing my dry skin. I cleanse again with the Hydrating Gel Cleanser then occasionally apply the Conditioning Restorative Mask which deeply hydrates my skin. Next I apply my favorite glo serums- the Ultra 15% Vitamin C and more B5 Hydration. Lastly, I apply the Skin Firming Cream and head to bed!
I like my makeup to look natural and polished but it also has to be easy and fast! I love both the Eye Revitalize and Brightener Highlight Concealer to help conceal under eye circles. Pressed Base in natural fair is my go-to shade and provides the perfect amount of coverage. The Jeweled Eye Pencils are perfect for a mom-on-the-go and are super easy to apply. I love the newest color fizz (found in the Red Carpet Collection). I finish my look with Lash Boosting Mascara, a pop of color on my cheeks with Blush Duo in petunia and a spritz of Moist Hydration Mist. I also have to give a shout-out to my favorite brushes: the Blush Brush, Powder Brush, Spoolie Brush and Eye Base Brush! They make getting ready so much easier!
Can’t Live Without Products:
I love Eye Fix Revitalizing Treatment for those mornings when my eyes need a little extra help looking lively and awake (that is if my husband doesn’t steal it!). I also love the Body Butter and Luxury Hand Cream- both are super luxurious and moisturizing lotions! I've tried a lot of the serums (Renew Serum, Triple Action Serum) but I always go back to the Vitamin C Serum. I’m also a big fan of glo essentials Intense Replenish Shampoo and Conditioner. I add Infinite Shine Smoothing Oil and Radiant Fix Hairspray to round out my haircare must-haves!
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Looking luminescent this holiday season is easy with the limited edition Illumination Kit. We are completely captivated by this gorgeous 6 piece collection that includes the all-new Shimmer Duo in candle. Applied with the Mini Fan Brush, this compact delivers the perfect highlight which will compliment any holiday look. The Illumination Kit also includes the ultra-moisturizing Luxury Hand Cream and the best-selling Liquid Lips in luna. In addition, the kit contains Eye Revitalize which is the perfect way to add a little extra light to the under eye area. Throw the adorable Compact Mirror into your clutch and you’ll be ready to glo all season long!
Friday, November 15, 2013
Is brighter skin on your holiday wish list? Give yourself the gift of radiant skin by adding Brightening Polish to your skin care routine. Adding Brightening Polish to your routine 1-2 times a week will helps enhance the absorption of natural brighteners. It also contains brightening and exfoliating ingredients like Turmeric and Jojoba Beads to gently removes dead skin cells.
This multi-purpose scrub can be used as a polish or as a brightening mask. Just leave the scrub on for up to 10 minutes after cleansing your skin for beautiful results! We recommend using in conjunction with Brightening or Lightening Serums and Vitamin C for brighter skin just in time for the holiday party season!
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Whether it’s a big presentation, an important networking event or a meeting with your boss- there are some work events that require a little extra polish when it comes to your look. Looking and feeling confident going into these events will help you do your best! Here are our tips for creating a look that will help you land that new account or ask for a promotion:
Much like a job interview, appropriate work makeup depends a lot on the industry and type of company you work for. We like this pretty, simple yet polished look for any important work occasion.
Step 2: Apply Eye Shadow in rain forest to lid then blend Eye Shadow in sable in the the crease. Leave lash lines bare (this Eye Shadow combo will really make brown eyes pop!).
Step 3: Apply Water Resistant Mascara.
Step 4: Apply Blush in paradise to cheekbones.
Step 5: Add Gloss in blushing to complete the look.
For hair that looks polished but not flat, we love adding a few pumps of Boost Hair Volumizer to our locks before a blowout. This will leave your hair looking soft and voluminous! Finish your look with a statement piece of jewelry that complements your outfit! Now go be the impressive lady we know you already are!
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
There is no denying that red lips make a statement! Whether it’s a statement of power or playfulness we are all for experimenting with this classic look. Our lovely National Makeup Artist, Janeena, created two different looks with two of our favorite glo minerals shades: Lipstick in siren and Sheer Lipstick in bail. We love both looks and can’t wait to follow these steps to recreate the looks ourselves!
Janeena chose Lipstick in siren for its vibrant hue and warm undertone which compliments her gorgeous olive skin tone. To create the look she first lined the outer edges of her lips with the Lip Filler Pencil to prevent bleeding and give the color extra staying power. Next, she used the Lip Definer Brush to brush on Lipstick in siren. Using a brush gives you more precision when applying and creates a great matte look.
For the second look, she picked Sheer Lipstick in bali for its blue undertones which looks lovely against a creamy complexion. To create the look she first outlined her lips with the Precision Lip Pencil in vino then used the same color to fill in her lips completely. Next, she applied Sheer Lipstick in bali and topped it off with Gloss in cherry blossom.
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Systematically improve the health and beauty of your skin beginning with regular professional treatments and advanced at-home skincare and finishing with skin-nurturing mineral makeup. Check out our top sellers for core steps to any at-home skincare system below:
1) Cleanse - Start by massaging a small amount of Purifying Gel Cleanser onto your face then gently remove with warm water.
2) Treat - Apply Super Serum to your clean face two to seven evenings per week.
3) Moisturize- Apply Oil Free Moisturizer to skin after cleansing and serum application for additional treatment benefits.
4) Protect- Apply a liberal amount on Oil Free SPF 40+ daily before exposure to the sun.
5) Finish - Begin with a small amount and apply glo minerals Pressed Base using the glo minerals Kabuki or Ultra Brush in small circular motions to achieve perfect, even coverage. Add additional layers as needed and finish with Moist Hydration Mist.
Monday, November 4, 2013
A job interview can be a nerve wracking experience regardless of the amount of time you’ve spent preparing. The pressure to come across as professional and qualified can seem daunting but getting ready for your interview doesn’t have to be. A lot of research has been done about the importance of physical appearance during a job interview. Though specific advice varies,one thing that is agreed upon is that confidence is key. It’s important to let your natural, confident personality shine through. Here are our beauty tips to help you get interview ready!
1) Do Your Research - Do your best to learn as much about the dress code as possible before your interview. For those of you interviewing for a corporate job, it might be best to keep your makeup classic, while those of you interviewing for a creative job might get away with a trendy berry lip. If you are unsure of the environment, it’s best to err on the safe side.Take a cue from this look that Janeena created. It’s both pretty and professional!
Step 2: Apply Cream Blush in fig to cheekbones.
Step 3: Using the Cream Shadow Quad from the Limited Edition Red Carpet Collection, apply dawn on your lid then earth in the crease and lower lashline. Step 4: Apply two coats of Water Resistant Mascara.
Step 5: Apply Gloss in naked.
2) Avoid Distractions- One rule of thumb we always suggest for an interview is to keep distractions to a minimum. You want your future employer to be listening to what you're saying, not staring at your dangly earrings, glittery eye shadow or a bit of smeared lipstick on your teeth. Keeping things simple helps direct all attention to your great ideas. We like these pretty studs which add a little personality without creating a distraction.
3) Postpone Experiments- Feeling comfortable and confident is the most important thing to consider when getting ready for an interview so it’s probably not the time to experiment with the new look you’ve been dying to try. Instead, apply the makeup that makes you feel most like you. That way you will feel comfortable and that confidence will come across!
4) Polish is Important- Looking polished and professional can go a long way. Some easy ways to look polished include keeping your nails clean and tidy (choose a neutral polish and make sure it’s chip-free), wearing shoes that are free from scuffs and styling your hair so that it’s free of of fly-aways and unwanted frizz. Infinite Shine Smoothing Oil will help you get flawless, frizz-free hair that will help you look put together from head to toe.
What are your beauty tips when preparing for an interview?