Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Make 2014 the year you resolve to tackle your skin concerns. Whether you want to clear acneic skin, brighten dark sunspots, conceal chronic redness or reduce the appearance of fine lines- this is the year to make a breakthrough and begin to love your skin. We suggest investing in products that are tailor made to target your specific concern and then, following resolution #1, stick with a consistent routine.
Most skin issues take time to treat so patience is important! To help you tackle your skin concerns, we recommend visiting your local glo provider. A dermatologist or esthetician can work with you to achieve your skincare resolutions with professional treatments and tailored product recommendations*. Healthy skin is important so we hope you strive to tackle those skin concerns and make 2014 your skin’s best year yet.
*Call 1-800-232-0398 to find a recommended skincare professional near you.
Monday, December 30, 2013
Vowing to protect your skin in 2014 is one of the smartest resolutions you should make. Luckily, protecting your skin has never been easier. Products that contain sun protection are no longer synonymous with greasy, oily formulas meant solely for the beach. Oil Free SPF 40+ delivers unsurpassed protection while maintaining a lightweight, fresh feel. It can even be mixed with your favorite moisturizer, is great under makeup and is perfect for all skin types.
For those of you with dry skin types, SPF 40 Facial Moisturizer is a great daily moisturizer that doubles as a sunscreen. Once fully absorbed, it gives your skin the daily protection it needs and can also be worn under makeup. Don’t forget your lips! With full spectrum SPF, The Mint Balm is a fan favorite! Nourishing botanicals heal lips and them keep lips soft & supple! Shop these products and more in our Skincare Resolution Sale going on now while supplies last!
Friday, December 27, 2013
It’s the time of year when we all start thinking about our new year resolutions. Here at glo we’ve compiled a list of skincare resolutions that we are vowing to follow this year to help us get the healthy, glowing skin of our dreams. We are also making it easy for you to get the products you need to achieve your goals with our Skincare Resolution Sale! The sale is going on now, while supplies last, and offers up to 30% off top-selling skincare products. The first resolution we are making is to create a skincare routine and stick with it!
When it comes to making a noticeable difference in our skin, it’s important to develop a consistent routine. Applying an eye cream every once-and-awhile or occasionally using a serum won't give you the dramatic results you are looking for. It could take several weeks to see results so it’s very important to be consistent.
In general, a healthy skincare routine consists of cleansing and using a tonic to remove dirt and buildup. Follow this step with a serum and moisturizer then end with an eye cream. Adding a mask and exfoliant a couple times a week is also a great addition to your routine. We suggest trying to stick with your routine for a whole month (no cheating!) and see how your skin feels. By the end of the month your routine will be a habit and you’ll have glowing skin to show for it!
Take a peek at our Skincare Resolution Sale here and stayed tuned for our next resolution!
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Since its launch in August, Luxe Liquid Foundation has quickly emerged as a fan favorite! By harnessing the light-refracting power of diamonds, this liquid foundation is able to bend light for a soft, ageless complexion. With broad-spectrum UV protection and specialized moisturizing agents, Luxe Liquid Foundation delivers a flawless, youthful complexion. Don’t just take our word for it! Take a look at these Luxe reviews:
“This is my favorite foundation that I have ever used! I use different bases from glominerals, depending on the look that I am trying to achieve, but this one is my absolute favorite.”
“This is my favorite foundation that I have ever used! I use different bases from glominerals, depending on the look that I am trying to achieve, but this one is my absolute favorite.”
-Kristin via gloprofessional.com
“Once you find a good foundation, you have to stick with it. This is the best one I've ever tried. It is very light but gives great coverage and gives your skin a really nice glow. I also have sensitive skin and this one is great for me. I can't say enough positive things about how much I love Luxe.”
-Jessica via gloprofessional.com
“Liquid Gold, or should I say Diamonds. A little goes along way . This little gem is very fluid and spreads easily over the skin. “-Jac via gloprofessional.com
Friday, December 13, 2013
Between holiday parties, wrapping presents and end of year deadlines, it’s easy to forget to take some time for personal relaxation during the busy holiday season. My favorite way to unwind? Visiting my favorite spa for a little TLC. Below are my recommendations for the five best spa treatments you should try this holiday season.
Luxury Facial- Treat yourself to a luxury facial like the Platinum Experience Facial featuring the Cyto-luxe line. The Cyto-Luxe line is the ultimate in anti-aging technology with the delicious feel of luxury. I refer to it as science meets sumptuous. Try the glo therapeutics Cyto-Luxe Mask which contains platinum, pearl and caviar- the ultimate luxury treatment.
Hydrating Facial- With the beautiful glow of winter also comes uncomfortable, dry, chapped skin. A hydrating facial can do just the trick to get your skin back on the right path! Look for products like glo therapeutics Restorative Mask which soothes, restores and hydrates while improving skin elasticity and overall health!
Peppermint Lip Treatment- Your lips need some TLC during the holidays too! Many spas have specific treatments that cater to the lip area. Alleviate dry, chapped lips and hydrate and increase volume with glo therapeutics Lip Revival. Lip Revival is a smoothing lip treatment with peptides, sweet almond oil, shea butter and the invigorating taste of peppermint!
Body Exfoliation- In addition to the face, exfoliating the body is essential! Treat yourself by getting a body wrap or scrub to help alleviate some of those dry, dead skin cells that accumulate so quickly in the winter months. In addition to professional treatments, using a homecare body exfoliation product can really help! My absolute favorite one is glo minerals Smoothing Salt Scrub, which is a combination of dead sea salt and essential oils, that will leave your body feeling silky smooth!
Anti Aging Body Treatment- As previously mentioned, it is very important to avoid neglecting your body when it comes to skincare treatments. Get an anti aging body treatment at your local spa! Finish the treatment with a great anti aging body moisturizer like Cyto-luxe Body Lotion which feels luxurious and also contains ingredients like antioxidants, peptides and plant stem cells!
*Call glo at (800)232-0398 to find your nearest glo therapeutics spa!
With the holidays quickly approaching, now is the time to start crossing off items from your to-do list! If finding a gift for the beauty lover in your life is near the top of your list, don’t worry- we’ve got you covered. With 13 different kits to choose from, you’ll be able to find something for everyone on your list! Take a look at what’s available but hurry, they are going fast!
1) Illumination Kit ($50.00): Alluring, effortless luminescence is as simple as it is beautiful with the limited edition Illumination Kit. This kit includes the following: Eye Revitalize, Liquid Lips in luna, Limited Edition glo minerals Compact Mirror, Luxury Hand Cream, Limited Edition Shimmer Duo in candle and a Mini Fan Brush.
2) The Red Carpet Collection ($74.00): In this kit you'll find a gorgeous selection of only-available here colors for eyes and cheeks along with mineral makeup essentials for red carpet glamour. This kit includes: Cream Shadow Quad, Jeweled Eye Pencils in sage and fizz, Mini Lash Boosting Mascara in black, Blush in rush, Mini Perfecting Powder, Mini Sheer Tint Base illuminator, Mini Lip Balm in honey sugar butter and Mini Gloss in brown sugar and blushing. Crayon sharpener and black satin cosmetics case also included.
3) Cyto-luxe Collection: Discover the power and beauty of phytostem technology in the limited edition Cyto-luxe Collection skin and bodycare set. Indulge with three products designed to dramatically refine skin tone and texture. This kit includes Cyto-luxe Cleanser, Cyto-luxe Body Lotion, Cyto-luxe Mask and Mask Applicator.
4) Body Travel Kit ($24): Pamper yourself no matter your destination with carry-on approved 2 oz. travel glo minerals body products and an ambiance candle. This kit includes Body Wash,
Sugar Body Polish, Body Butter, Travel Candle.
5) Skin Perfecting Starter Kit ($64.00): Packed with soothing ingredients and an exclusive antioxidant blend, the items in this limited edition kit will help cover, protect and correct even the most sensitive skin. This kit includes Face Primer, Protecting Powder SPF 30 - translucent, Texture Eye Brush, Moist Hydration Mist and Corrective Camouflage Kit.
6) Glam on the Go ($38.00): Perfect for the glamorous gal on the go, this kit includes six top-selling glo minerals products in convenient, take-anywhere sizes at incredible savings. This kit includes Sheer Tint Base - illuminator, Bronze - sunlight, Lid Primer, Water Resistant Mascara, Gloss - poppy and nude.
7) Deluxe Brush Roll ($70.00): Seven of our most popular makeup brushes packed in a picture-perfect snakeskin-print clutch. All you need to create your favorite festive day and nighttime looks! The roll includes the Eyeliner/Brow Brush, Blush Brush, Camouflage Brush, Powder Brush, Eye Base Brush, Eye Contour Brush and Eye Blender Brush.
8) Majestic Jungle Collection ($80): Follow your animal instincts with the glo minerals Majestic Jungle Collection. This collection includes Majestic Jungle Palette - 8 limited edition high-intensity Eye Shadows, Precise Micro Eyeliner in black and charcoal, fall looks how-to card and black satin cosmetics bag.
9) Radiant Collection ($60.00): Enhance your natural beauty and radiance with the Radiant Collection from glo. This kit includes an Eye Shadow Trio in sandstone, Blush Duo in petunia, Bronze in sunlight, Gloss in brown sugar, Blotting Papers, and Body Glisten.
10) Floral Fantasy Collection ($65.00)- Get beautiful, stunning hues for eyes, complemented by bare-ly there shades for lips and just the right amount of rose for glo-ing cheeks. This kit includes the Cleo Eye Shadow Quad, Precise Micro Eyeliner in brown, Perfect Lip Duo in bare and
Powder Cheek Stain.
11) Limited Edition Trio Collection ($64.00): Look stunning with this glo minerals limited edition Eye Shadow Trio set. The set includes three trios: fresh greens, sweet 'n' spicy and wildbloom.
12) Fly with Me Travel Kit ($60.00): The Fly with Me Travel Kit has all of your glo therapeutics necessities in convenient travel sizes. This kit comes in two varieties for normal to dry skin and normal to oily skin.
13) Clear Skin Kit ($87.00): These four full-size products work together to heal existing acne blemishes and prevent new breakouts. Clear Acne Cleanser and Clear Complexion Pads fight acne daily, while Clear Anti-Blemish Treatment and Clear Refining Mask help battle flare-ups to maintain clear, healthy skin.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
This holiday season wrap yourself in luxe-ury with the Platinum Experience Facial. Designed with powerful plant actives and potent anti aging ingredients, this facial delivers a calming sensory experience while providing visible lifting and radiance. The ultimate luxury facial, you’ll experience an indulgent fusion of science and nature that will leave you feeling rejuvenated both inside and out.
Recommended for mature and prematurely aging skin, the Platinum Experience Facial helps smooth, soften and revitalize your skin with advanced treatments utilizing phytostem technology. The facial begins with a fruit enzyme and mild organic acid exfoliant to remove impurities and prepare skin to receive peptides and plant stem cells. Skin is nourished with vitamins and botanicals during a relaxing massage followed with application of a serum and mask designed to help skin regain elasticity and plumpness. After the treatment, your skin is left looking lifted and lustrous. The Platinum Experience Facial truly is the ideal treatment holiday season!
Call your local glo provider to book an appointment today or call 1-800-232-0398 to find a glo provider near you!
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
What Causes Dark Under Eye Circles? Dark under eye circles are caused by high concentrations of dark pigmentation under the eyes. The amount of pigmentation is different for each individual and can be influenced by age, genetic predisposition and race. Lifestyle factors, like lack of sleep, diet and stress, can also contribute to darker pigmentation under the eyes. Unfortunately, because the skin under the eyes is thinner, this pigmentation is more likely to show through- especially as we age. As the skin under our eyes gets thinner more pigmentation tends to show through. Also, when we are tired or dehydrated our skin loses its plumpness which causes the already thin skin to look even thinner, thus revealing more pigment.
Preventing Dark Under Eye Circles - For those with a genetic predisposition for darker pigmentation, preventing under eye circles can be a difficult task. Staying hydrated and getting the recommended 8 hours of sleep are both great ways to help prevent under eye circles. Using products that focus on plumping and moisturizing the under eye area will also help keep the skin under the eye healthy. Eye Restore contains active ingredients that help enhance collagen and elastin production which helps increase skin’s thickness.
Treating Dark Under Eye Circles: There are several advanced treatments that can be performed by dermatologists and estheticians to help dark under eye circles. At home treatments can also be very effective for treating dark under eye circles. We recommend starting with Eye Fix Revitalizing Treatment. Its active ingredients help hold moisture in the epidermis which keeps the area under your eye plump. 7.5% Eye Gel has brightening actives to help improve dark under eye circles and brighten the under eye area while also fighting the signs of aging. Mineral makeup is also a great way to cover the issue. It’s important to use makeup that won't dry out or irritate this sensitive area. glo minerals Under Eye Concealer and Brightener Highlight Concealer are both great options that cover dark circles while providing your skin with pharmaceutical grade ingredients and powerful antioxidants.
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
In our monthly series "What's On Your Beauty Shelf?" members of our glo team offer exclusive looks inside our medicine cabinets and makeup bags to show our readers exactly what we use on our skin. With skin concerns ranging from dry to acne prone, we've tried it all and are sharing our beauty routines in hopes of helping you find your perfect routine. Here's a roundup of this year's “What’s On Your Beauty Shelf” posts:
Monday, December 9, 2013
If bright, glowing skin is on your holiday wish list, now is the time to start working towards your goal. Kick start the process with a facial or peel at your favorite glo salon or spa (to find a service provider near you call 1-800-232-0398). We love the Platinum Experience Facial which smooths, softens and revitalizes your skin with plant stem cell technology. Featuring age-fighting and reparative Cyto-luxe products, this facial also includes the Flower Enzyme exfoliant, which is effective while being gentle enough for use on sensitive skin, and the moisturizing, aromatic Orange Tea Massage Cream that adds to your relaxation experience. This luxurious facial also makes a great gift!
After booking your treatment, it’s important to focus on at-home treatments that promote balance during the holiday season. When our diets and exercise routines are disrupted, it’s important to keep your skincare routine consistent. Here is a suggested daily routine to help you get glowing skin for the holidays!
1) Cleanse- Start your day with a mild exfoliant such as the Daily Polishing Cleanser. This cleanser will remove buildup but is gentle enough to use everyday.
3) Take Your Vitamins- Adding Vitamin C to your routine is an important step for brighter, vibrant skin! Follow with B5 Hydration for added benefits!
4) Moisturize (with an SPF)- Add Oil Free SPF 40 to your favorite moisturizer (both Conditioning Hydration Cream and Oil Free Moisturizer are top sellers!). This will protect your skin from winter’s stealthy UV rays!
1) Cleanse- We love using the luxurious Cyto-luxe Cleanser at night because, not only does it smell amazing, it’s moisturizing and removes makeup beautifully!
2) Serums- Depending on your current skin concerns, adding a serum 3-5 nights a week is extremely important. If you want to target fine lines and wrinkles the Cyto-luxe Serum will be your best friend. Looking to brighten your skin? Renew Serum and Brightening Serum are both great options. Read more about our Serums and their unique benefits here.
3) Moisturize- Night time is a great time to really amp up on moisture. Heavier creams like Vita E Essential Cream or Moisture Rich Cream work well at night because your bare skin will really be able to absorb their active ingredients.
4) Specialize- Now is the time to focus on specialized products to help fix specific problem areas. Our favorites include the Eye Restore which helps target puffy eyes and Lip Revival which adds moisture back to dry lips.
With the right products and a consistent routine, beautifully glowing skin is within reach for the holidays!
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
We love seeing your gorgeous glo photos on Instagram! Below are some of our favorites from the month of November! Tag us in your photos using #glominerals #gloprofessional #glotherapeutics and follow us as well for behind the scenes look at glo- @gloProfessional.
Thank you, @a_skincarer, for this lovely shot of glominerals Eye Shadow in bamboo, twig, grey stone, harvest and orchid!
@getlazed took this great shot of our Eye Restore!
Add some color to your holiday with these stunning Eye Shadow Trios (from the left: fresh greens, palm, sweet 'n' spicy, wildbloom)
@LakotaRoom shared this festive photo. We think glo Gloss is a great gift idea!
Monday, December 2, 2013
The Metallic Smoky Eye Kit embodies so much of what we love about makeup! With its sleek black compact and four gorgeous shades, we get excited every time we get to use this standout kit! Janeena uses the kit regularly and loves that it can create lovely day looks and smoldering evening looks.
Just because the kit is designed for smoky eyes doesn’t mean it can’t be used for daytime looks. First, apply Lid Primer then applied the lightest lid shade on her entire lid and up to her brow bone. Next, blend the lightest brown or base shade all the way across her crease in a windshield wiper motion. To enhance the outer corner of the crease we used a small amount of the deepest liner color and created a small V in the outer corner of her eye then blended the color inward. She lined her eyes with the Precise Micro Eyeliner in black and smudged the light brown base color into the lashline. She finished the look with a couple coats of Water Resistant Mascara!
Janeena showcased the Metallic Smoky Eye Kit’s glamourous side by creating a classic smoky eye. She started with Lid Primer then applied the medium brown shade (the crease shade) into her crease as well as her upper and lower lash line. Then, she spritz her Eyeliner Brush with Moist Hydration Mist and applied the deepest liner shade on her upper and lower lash line and on top of the medium color to add depth. She topped the whole look off with a soft highlighting on her brow bone and on the inner corner of her eyes with the highlight color. This look is perfect for your upcoming holiday parties!