The trick to getting the most out of your skincare routine is to layer the products you love. Layering skincare products is just like layering your clothes, each layer has a different purpose and provides a unique benefit to your skin. When you apply products in the right order, you can maximize your results.
- TONER: Toners are a drink of water for the skin. Some offer additional purifying or antibacterial benefits, like Purifying Tonic, while others can soothe and help reduce surface redness, like Conditioning Tonic or Calming Flower Mist. Think of toning as the prep step because a toner can assist with evening out the porosity of the skin, giving your serum and moisturizer a smoother, more even application.
- SERUM: After cleansing and toning, apply your favorite serum. Whether your goal is to smooth, firm, brighten or protect, a serum is the ultimate product for transforming your skin because they penetrate deep into the skin to address specific concerns.
- HYDRATOR: When you’re dehydrated in the dry, winter months, give your skin a boost with a hydrator. B5 Hydration and Advanced B5 Hydration provide exceptional hydration and nourishment with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin B5. Hyaluronic Acid attracts and maintains hydration to hold 1,000 times its weight in water and prevents transepidermal water loss. Hydrators provides instant hydration to revive dry, dehydrated skin and can be used daily.
- MOISTURIZER: Seal in serum and prevent water loss while delivering critical hydration to the skin’s surface with a moisturizer. If your skin is oily, try Oil Control Emulsion or Oil Free Moisturizer, and if your skin is very dry, try a rich moisturizer like Moisture Rich Cream, Restorative Cream or Skin Firming Cream.
- EYE CARE: From dark circles to crow’s feet, the eye area is often an area of concern for people of all ages and skin types. That's not surprising given that the skin around our eyes is incredibly thin and delicate. Aside from getting plenty of rest and drinking lots of water, eye serums and creams hydrate, smooth and revitalize the eye area. Gently dab a small amount of product using your ring finger along the orbital bone without tugging at the skin.
- SUNCARE: Don’t forget suncare! Even when temps are cool and skies are grey, always apply sun protection to your face and the often neglected décolleté. Healthy lifestyle habits and protected exposure to sun help prevent skin cancer and create dramatically younger looking skin. If you’re looking for color and care in one, try Moisturizing Tint SPF 30+, the ultimate multi-tasker. This lightweight, oil free formula gives a sheer hint of color while combating dryness and the sun's damaging rays.
Labels: how to, Skin Care, skin care tips