It’s easy to go overboard with your makeup bag, so we’ve narrowed it down to 5 must have makeup bag essentials that every woman needs. With a mix of basics and multitaskers, you can’t go wrong.
- A “my lips but better” lipstick or gloss - Start with your signature lipstick shade, a color for all occasions. Nude, beige-pink and peachy pink are the kind of colors you can wear to work, school or on a date. Try Cream Glaze Crayon in heirloom, Lipstick in rose petal and glaze or Suede Matte Crayon in monogram. In a pinch, a creamy lipstick can be used as a blush, too! Just dab on your cheeks and blend out with your ring finger like you would with cream blush.
- Sunscreen - According to the American Academy of Dermatology, SPF 30 or higher should be reapplied every two hours. Solar Shade SPF 50 is a lightweight blend of natural, mineral suncreens that glides on skin and absorbs quickly, which makes it the perfect pick. Plus, it's free of dyes, fragrance, parabens, gluten, nuts and soy, so it’s ideal for even the most sensitive skin.
- Cotton swabs - Cotton swabs are ideal for midday makeup touch ups. Clean up melted mascara or eyeliner from the lower lashline or smudge it out for a smoky look.
- Powder compact - Dust the shine away from your t-zone with a semi-matte pressed powder or a translucent finishing powder. Whether you use the powder or not, the mirror will come in handy.
- Travel makeup brush - Brushes can get messy in your purse, so opt for a retractable travel brush with a cap. It will take up less space and prevent powder from spreading in your bag. Pick a synthetic brush that’s the right size for blush or powder application for more flexibility.
Labels: glo minerals, lifestyle