Masking nourishes the skin, providing hydration and delivering active ingredients beyond the superficial layers of the epidermis. After cleansing, you can use a mask to treat your specific skin concerns: a moisturizing mask for dry skin, a refining mask for oily or acneic skin, an anti-aging mask for mature skin, a soothing mask for sensitive skin. Chances are, you’re battling more than one problem area at a time. Multi-masking, when you use multiple masks at once, can help you effectively fight your skin concerns.
How to Multi-Mask
Strategically apply each mask on different areas of the face for a different result. There are four main areas to focus on: forehead, under eye, cheeks and the chin and jawline area.
- Forehead: Breakouts on the forehead can be caused by anything from improper removal of hair products to genetics. Focus on deep cleansing and purifying the skin. If you have pigmentation and fine lines, try an anti-aging mask.
- Under Eye: Dark circles in the delicate eye area may be caused by lack of sleep, dehydration or genetics. Use calming and hydrating products for tired, puffy eyes.
- Cheeks: Breakouts and congestion in the cheek area can be a result of irritating, comedogenic cosmetics, resting your hands on your face or conditions relating to the lungs, like asthma or allergies. Look for refining masks that will address your acne.
- Chin & Jawline: Breakouts along the jaw and chin are associated with hormone changes and stress. Target breakouts and excess oil with a mask designed to treat acne.
Try these multi-masking combinations for great results. Masking after exfoliating will help to soothe and calm the skin, aid in its recovery time and limit irritation. Learn more about layering your skincare.
- Recover & Restore: For dry, sensitive skin, apply Restorative Mask to 1, 3 and 4. Apply Cucumber Recovery Mask to 2.
- Refine & Recover: For combination skin, apply Refining Mask to 1 and 4 and Cucumber Recovery Mask to 2 and 3. If you breakout on your cheeks as well, apply Refining Mask to 3 instead.
- Restore & Rejuvenate: For aging skin in need of hydration, apply Cyto-luxe Mask to 1 and 4, Restorative Mask to 2 and Cucumber Recovery Mask to 3.
Labels: education, masks, skincare