There’s no doubt about it, full, bold brows are in! Forget the days of over-plucking because super thin brows are a thing of the past. Work with your natural brow shape and enhance with powder or pencil for a sophisticated look. In a hurry? Skip full face mineral makeup and go for an even complexion, structured brows and defined lashes. You’ll still look polished, and no one will know it only took you five minutes.
Everyone has slightly different eyebrows and a different end-result in mind. Know what you’re working with and decide what look you’re going for to help pick the right products.
- Sparse Brows: Use pencil to define the brow line and powder to fill in. You may want to experiment with brow stencils to create a more structured look.
- Coarse Brows: If you like the shape of your brows but want a little more density, use powder.
- In-between Brows: If your brows only need a little pick-me-up, powder is our go-to.
- Unruly Brows: To tame wild hairs, use a gel or wax to set the hairs in place.
Types of Brow Products
Pick your weapon! With the variety of brow products out there, it’s important to know what the difference is because each item achieves a different result.
- Powder: Brow powder is incredibly forgiving and created a natural look. It is ideal for filling in sparse areas or to enhance or darken the natural brow.
- Pencil: Pencil can be harsh if not applied correctly, so practice, practice, practice. Use it to create a defined line below the brow or use short, small hair-like strokes inside the brow.
- Gel: Gel is ideal for brows that won’t budge with ultimate brow-sculpting control. If you would like to cover unwanted grey hair, use a tinted gel. Apply after powder or pencil.
- Wax: Wax is less stiff than gel, so it creates a more natural effect.
How to Fill in Your Eyebrows
There isn’t one correct way to fill in your brows, but here are a few of our favorite tips and tricks to get beautifully shaped brows.
- Use Precision Brow Pencil to line the bottom of the brow for added length and a more defined shape.
- Blend the two shades of the Brow Powder Duo or Brow Quad using the Dual Brow Brush to create your custom color and fill in the eyebrow area.
- Outline the brow with Luxe Liquid Bright Concealer in brighten to create even more definition and highlight the brow bone. Gently blend with the Camouflage Brush.
- Use the wax from the Brow Quad or Brow Gel to set unruly hairs in place.
Labels: Brows, glo how-to, Makeup